查经文:
查看: 1530|回复: 4
收起左侧

《荒漠甘泉》11月14日

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-11-14 17:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
我们能够听到福音,是因为......

---

“一粒麦子不落在地里死了,仍旧是一粒,若是死了,就结出许多子粒来。”(约12:24)

在美国马萨诸塞州桑普顿城的古坟场,让我们凭吊一下大卫·勃雷奈特的坟墓,在他的旁边,葬着他的爱人耶路霞·爱得华小姐,他死得太早,生前未及和她完婚。

这位年轻的传教士的遗骸,把多少希望和对于基督事业的雄心带进了坟墓,他的工作如今只留下了不少珍贵的回忆,和几十个浅黑色的印第安信徒。但在当年, 那位年高望重的清教圣徒约那坦·爱德华,曾希望以大卫为东床快婿,在大卫死后,他曾把他一生事迹收集起来,写成一本小册,这本书插翅飞越大洋,降落在一位 剑桥大学学生亨利·玛泰的桌上。

可怜的玛泰,他就丢弃了学业,天才和一切机会,到东方去传教。当他从“印度的珊瑚滩”转回家乡时,他带着病体向北跋涉到黑海边缘。象托卡特的寂寞王一样,他以马鞍堆叠起来,遮蔽身体,躺在地下,贴着泥土以减轻他的高烧,终于在那里孤独地死去。他成就了些什么?

这种牺牲有些什么后果?从勃雷奈特的坟墓和远在黑海滨的玛泰的孤冢中,已兴起了一队一队可敬的现代传教士,这就是他们的后果。——倍根

发表于 2008-11-14 21:06 | 显示全部楼层

感谢传教士们。感谢那些带着圣洁的爱的天使们来到这块的土地上,来传递福音和生命的信息,感谢他们,愿他她们在天上得到上帝的荣耀和赏赐。

阿门~!!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-11-14 21:42 | 显示全部楼层
哎,在当当上面买了一本《荒漠甘泉》(新版),结果发现是被篡改过的...
十一月十四日,竟然全部内容都是篡改的。。。。。。
---
我特意寻找了一下英文原文,发现网上的翻译版本也是不全的。一下是11月14日的英文原文。中文里面最后一段没有翻译过来。

Streams In the Desert for Nov. 14

“Except a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it remains a single grain, but if it dies away in the ground, the grain is freed to spring up in a plant bearing many grains.” (John 12:24.)

Go to the old burying ground of Northampton, Mass., and look upon the early grave of David Brainerd, beside that of the fair Jerusha Edwards, whom he loved but did not live to wed.

What hopes, what expectations for Christ’s cause went down to the grave with the wasted form of that young missionary of whose work nothing now remained but the dear memory, and a few score of swarthy Indian converts! But that majestic old Puritan saint, Jonathan Edwards, who had hoped to call him his son, gathered up the memorials of his life in a little book and the little book up the memorials of his life in a little book, and the little book took wings and flew beyond the sea, and alighted on the table of a Cambridge student, Henry Martyn.

Poor Martyn! Why should he throw himself away, with all his scholarship, his genius, his opportunities! What had he accomplished when he turned homeward from “India’s coral strand,” broken in health, and dragged himself northward as far as that dreary khan at Tocat by the Black Sea, where he crouched under the piled-up saddles, to cool his burning fever against the earth, and there died alone?

To what purpose was this waste? Out of that early grave of Brainerd and the lonely grave of Martyn far away by the splashing of the Euxine Sea, has sprung the noble army of modern missionaries. --- Leonard Woolsey Bacon.

“Is there some desert or some boundless sea, Where Thou, great God of angels, wilt send me? Some oak for me to rend, Some sod for me to break, Some handful of Thy corn to take And scatter far afield, Till it in turn shall yield Its hundredfold Of grains of gold To feed the happy children of my God? “Show me the desert, Father, or the sea; Is it Thine enterprise? Great God, send me! And though this body lies where ocean rools, Father, count me among all faithful souls.

---
有没有兄弟姐妹有感动,一起来翻译啊,每天翻译一篇,:)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-11-14 22:03 | 显示全部楼层
英文里面的最后一段很重要。

是祷告文

---
“在哪里有沙漠或无穷的大海呢?伟大的上帝就派遣我去哪里。橡树让我去撕碎,草皮让我去踩破,拿起多把你的麦子远远地撒在野外,直到它产出百倍的金黄的麦子以喂养我上帝的快乐的孩子们?”天父啊,请把这些沙漠指示给我,请把这些大海指示给我。这一切不是都你的吗?伟大的上帝,派遣我!虽然这个身体躺在海的边缘,天父,请接受我虔诚的灵魂。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-14 22:38 | 显示全部楼层
恩 感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|奉献支持|恩友之光 ( 桂ICP备2023005629号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 22:47